Sell Your Home with Darren Giordano
If NOW is the time to sell your home, who you work with matters. What matters most to Darren is THE DETAILS.
While the market may seem daunting, hundreds of homes are sold each week in Hudson County. Whether it's Darren's proven sales approach, effective marketing strategies, or utilization of his local, national, and global networks, no detail is overlooked.
My Listings, My Leads
With KW's exclusive My Listings, My Leads policy, every single internet inquiry, walk-in, or phone call about your property will go directly to Darren, your listing agent, so he can follow up quickly on potential buyers.
- To assist you in getting as many qualified buyers as possible into your home until it is sold.
- To communicate with you weekly to discuss the results of our activities.
- To assist you in negotiating the highest dollar value between you and the buyer.
Preparing Your Home
Selling residential real estate is Darren’s business. He encourages sellers to learn from our experience on how to expose the most attractive features of your property and prepare for showings or open houses.
- Make sure your rooms are not cluttered. Clear all excess chairs, lamps, magazines, toys, and tables that you don’t use. If you have to ask if it needs to be removed, it usually should be removed.
- Try to un-personalize your home by removing family photos, this enables potential buyers to visualize themselves living there.
- Windows should sparkle. Blinds and curtains should be open and lights should be on to brighten the room.
- If the paint is peeling or cracking, consider totally repainting the property.
- Closets will seem bigger if they are not too full.
- Clean your bathrooms, kitchen, and mop the floors.
- Remember, the cleaner you keep your house, the faster it will sell.
- Flowers, potpourri, or even the smell of freshly brewed coffee will make your home more inviting.
- Agents and buyers often feel more relaxed and comfortable discussing the property in private. Perhaps you would prefer to be away during the showing.
- Darren will provide a CMA to price your property to sell for the highest price in the least amount of time possible.
- Mentally prepare to move out of your place.
The Price Is Not Always Right.
“The higher the price, the better the offer.” Do not let yourself be fooled by this popular misconception. Price is not always the determining factor when accepting an offer for several important reasons: the initial offer is usually not final, and there are a number of terms and conditions that may influence the final outcome of a price. You can trust Darren to help you thoroughly evaluate every proposal without compromising your marketing position.
Negotiating The Right Way.
- Darren will request all offers in writing in standard NJAR form. He will also request a pre-approval with every written offer. If all cash deal, proof of funds will be requested from the buyer.
- It is Darren’s goal to negotiate the highest possible price with best terms in the timeline that fits your conditions. With many successful negotiations in his career, Darren will help you through every step of the way.
- Darren’s marketing efforts sometimes may produce more than one buyer interested in purchasing your property. He is trained in coordinating healthy bidding wars and finishing with an ethical final and best step. It takes a skilled agent to coordinate a successful bidding war.
Some important tips to keep in mind to streamline the process even further:
- Keep written records of everything.
- Do not let the process overwhelm you.
- Stick to the schedule. Now that you have chosen your offer, you and the buyer will be given a timeline to mark every stage in the process of closing the real estate contract. Meeting the requirements on time ensures a smoother flow of negotiations and also ensures that each party involved is not in breach of their agreements. During the process Darren and your Attorney will keep you updated so you will always be prepared for the next step.
Inspection and Appraisals
Most buyers will have the property inspected by a licensed property inspector within the timeframe that was agreed upon in the effective contract to purchase. Some buyers will have several different inspectors inspect the property, if they wish to obtain professional opinions from inspectors who specialize in a specific area (eg. roof, HVAC, structure). If the agreement is conditional upon financing, then the property will be appraised by a licensed appraiser to determine the value for the lending institution via third party. This is done so that the lending institution can confirm their investment in your property is accurate. A buyer of a commercial property may also have a complete environmental audit performed and/or soil test, if required by the lending institution.
Your Attorney-Working with a Title Company
Your Attorney will be selected to help you through the entire process. Part of the process is to examine and insure clear title to real estate. After researching the complete recorded history of your property, they will certify that 1) your title is free and clear of encumbrances (eg. mortgages, leases, or restrictions, liens) by the date of closing; and 2) all new encumbrances are duly included in the title.
A contingency is a condition that must be met before a contract becomes legally binding. For instance, a buyer will usually include a contingency stating that their contract is binding only when there is a satisfactory home inspection report from a qualified inspector.
Before completing his or her purchase of your property, the buyer goes over every aspect of the property, as provided for by purchase agreements and any applicable addendums. These include:
- Obtaining financing and insurance;
- Reviewing all pertinent documents, such as preliminary title reports and disclosure documents; and
- Inspecting the property. The buyer has the right to determine the condition of your property by subjecting it to a wide range of inspections, such as roof, termite/pest, chimney/fireplace, property boundary survey, well, septic, pool/spa, arborist, mold, lead based paint, HVAC, etc.
Depending on the outcome of these inspections, one of two things may happen:
1. Either each milestone is successfully closed and the contingencies will be removed, bringing you one step closer to the closing; or
2. The buyer, after reviewing the property and the papers, requests a renegotiation of the terms of contract (usually the price).
How do you respond objectively and fairly to the buyer when a renegotiation is demanded, while acting in your best interests? This is when Darren, a professional listing agent, can make a real difference in the outcome of the transaction. Having dealt with various property sales in the past, he guarantees his expertise and total commitment to every client, no matter what their situation is.
Loan Approval and Appraisal.
Darren suggests that you accept buyers who have a lender’s pre-approval, approval letter, or written loan commitment, which is a better guarantee of loan approval than a pre-qualification or no documentation from a lending institute. Expect an appraiser from the lender’s company to review your property and verify that the sales price is appropriate.
I understand what a big commitment a listing can be, so unlike many other agents, I offer a 30 day easy exit policy.
I guarantee exceptional service and if you are not absolutely pleased with the way I carry out business you can cancel the listing. All I require is 30 days written notice. Take the uncertainty away from the listing process…if you are not completely satisfied…walk away, no questions asked!
If you have worked with another agent and your property is expired or soon to be expired, you should feel comfortable allowing me to work for you. My easy out guarantee will ensure you do not have to go through that process again.
I guarantee that I will dedicate the required time needed to get your home sold or find you the home you have always wanted. I take pride in my client’s satisfaction.
If you have tried selling on your own but are faced with the same difficulties such as non-serious buyers, nosy neighbors, trouble finding time to market the property or the tendency of buyers continuing to give low-ball offers. One of the strongest areas of my business is assisting “For Sale by Owner” properties reach their full potential if you decide to work with me.
I guarantee my complete honesty through the process of working together. I take honesty very seriously since it has allowed me to build my business to where it is today. I would not tarnish my reputation for any reason.
Start selling your home today with me, I have experience in Hoboken, Jersey City and the surrounding areas. Let’s get to work!